Released in 1996, Hitcha – The Life I Lead is the debut solo album from Chicago, Illinois rapper Hitcha. The 11-track project is a highly regarded example of underground Midwest gangsta rap, combining G-Funk influences, dark street narratives, heavy grooves, and Hitcha's distinctive fast-paced flow. The album was released on Hi Jack Records and has become a sought-after title among collectors of obscure 1990s Chicago hip-hop.The tracklist includes “Stuck In The Game,” “Nigga Pulla Strap,” “Interlude,” “Life I Lead,” “Radio Interlude,” “You Need A Man Named Me,” “Way To Change,” “No One Has,” “All I See,” “Hitcha Pulla Strap,” and “Fire Weed.” “Stuck In The Game” features Gansta B, while production credits include Carlton, Dabrice, and Tiger.Musically, Hitcha – The Life I Lead sits between Chicago's raw underground gangsta-rap tradition and the smoother G-Funk sound that influenced independent rap across the United States during the mid-1990s. The production provides a strong backdrop for Hitcha's direct delivery, street-focused storytelling, and sometimes rapid-fire lyrical style.Hitcha was already connected to Chicago's underground scene before his solo debut, having been a member of groups including Alley Cats and Darkside Mob. His experience in the local scene helped shape the distinctive character of his first solo album, giving it a strong regional identity rather than simply following the sound of better-known West Coast releases.The album's themes revolve around street life, hustling, survival, relationships, and the realities of life in the neighborhood. Tracks such as “Stuck In The Game,” “Life I Lead,” “Way To Change,” and “All I See” highlight the project's darker and more reflective side, while “Fire Weed” adds another layer to its underground atmosphere.Today, Hitcha – The Life I Lead is considered an underground Chicago gangsta-rap gem from the golden era of 1990s Midwest hip-hop. Its rare status, G-Funk influence, raw production, and Hitcha's distinctive delivery make it an essential discovery for collectors exploring obscure Chicago and Midwest rap.
1 Stuck In The Game
Featuring - Gansta B
2 Nigga Pulla Strap
3 Interlude
4 Life I Lead
5 Radio Interlude
6 You Need A Man Named Me
7 Way To Change
8 No One Has
9 All I See
10 Hitcha Pulla Strap
11 Fire Weed
Flac
320kbps

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий